May 16, 2021 8:30am-4:30pm Pacific Time
LIVE ONLINE HIGHLY INTERACTIVE WORKSHOP
NO IN PERSON REGISTRATION AVAILABLE DUE TO COVID-19 PANDEMIC. ONLINE REGISTRATION CLOSES AT 5:30PM PACIFIC TIME ON SATURDAY 5/15/21. NO EXCEPTIONS.
This workshop will feature two live therapy demonstrations with audience volunteers who have been struggling with feelings of depression, anxiety, and self-doubt. Live therapy demonstrations have always been one of our most illuminating and helpful teaching tools. You get to see, in real time, what works, and what doesn’t work, and why. In addition, when you see rapid changes in the person we are working with, you will gain a far deeper appreciation of how the new TEAM-CBT therapy model actually works, and what genuine recovery means.
David Burns and Jill Levitt will be working with two volunteer therapists from the audience, live and in real time! No role-playing here!
Approximately two hours will be devoted to each therapy session demonstration, including teaching points as the session evolves. This will be followed by discussion and exercises to help you master key techniques that can greatly improve your clinical work as well as your own feelings of self-esteem.
Topics will include:
- The benefits of using measurement in therapy.
- How to get perfect empathy ratings the first time you meet with a new patient.
- How to melt away therapeutic resistance for rapid change.
- How to crush the distorted thoughts that trigger depression and anxiety.
- The necessary and sufficient conditions for emotional change.
- Common causes of therapeutic failure.
- The keys to effective Relapse Prevention Training (RPT)
Learning objectives: After attending this course, you will be able to:
1) Describe two important reasons to use measurement in therapy. 2) Identify two advantages of anxiety. 3) Describe two common cognitive distortions. 4) Explain the purpose of the externalization of voices technique. 5) Describe the disarming technique. 6) Explain the purpose of Relapse Prevention Training. 7) Describe the purpose of positive reframing.
PLEASE NOTE: REGISTRATION IS CLOSED AS OF 5:30PM PACIFIC TIME ON SATURDAY 5/15/21
IF YOU HAVE ALREADY REGISTERED, THREE DAYS BEFORE THE WORKSHOP YOU WILL RECEIVE LOGIN INSTRUCTIONS. CHECK YOUR EMAIL AND/OR SPAM FOLDER. IF YOU CANNOT FIND YOUR INSTRUCTIONS, CONTACT: email@example.com
*The Feeling Good Institute (FGI) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Feeling Good Institute maintains responsibility for this program and its content. This course has been approved by FGI as a NAADAC Approved Education Provider, for 7 CEs. NAADAC Provider #149212. The Feeling Good Institute (FGI) has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6750. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. FGI is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs. This organization (Feeling Good Institute, #1442) is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org, through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. ASWB Approval Period: 05/30/2018-05/30/2021. Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval for continuing education credits. Social workers participating in this course will receive 7 Social Work continuing education clock hours. Feeling Good Institute maintains responsibility for this program and its content. A certificate of attendance will be emailed to attendees who attend 100% of the training within a week of completion of the workshop survey. Individuals with disabilities requiring special accommodations please contact Dr. Maor Katz at firstname.lastname@example.org.